Fr. Ogwata picks for DOSAD
The draws for the inaugural edition for the Anambra Independent Football League (AIFL), took place last Wednesday February 22, at Fides Communications Complex Okpuno, with Samba FC of Amansea to play against Rangels FC Achina in opening game at Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium, Friday March 17, 2017 at Nnewi.
Conducting the draws, Rev Fr Christian Umeojilinnaka, who is the Chairman of the AIFL committee on referees, charged the teams taking part in the league to give Anambrarians quality football in coming weeks. He praised the AIFL Committee for coming together to play business football that is expected to turn around the fortunes of footballers in Anambra and South East for the better. He commended the initiator of the AIFL, Rev Fr Coach Obinna Dike, DOSAD Sports Director, for always turning initiatives that engage people positively.
In his remarks, the interim Chairman of AIFL, Rev Fr Coach Obinna Dike assured that the AIFL project will provide the tonic to complement what Ifeanyi Ubah has already started with his team for Ndi Anambra. He said AIFL was destined to elevate grassroots soccer to business level that will make Anambra the choice destination of sports investors in no distant future. He said the time was near that footballers playing the Anambra league would be able to cater for their needs and those of their families through playing local soccer in Anambra.
Decisions take by the AIFL for the league include:
1. League matches will be played across the venues on Fridays only at 4pm.
2. The ceiling for number of players is 40. No team can register more.
3. Loan of players, transfers and exchange can happen at mid season interval.
4. Disciplinary committee to handle issues bothering on discipline.
Draws for AIFL at Fides Okpuno Feb 22, 2017. The pictures show draw in progress and teams representatives picking their slots. From left 2nd row: Coach Afiaoma picks for Awka FC while Fr. Ogwata picks for DOSAD. Group Picture of the representatives below. From left: Fr. Obinna, Coach Afioma, Coach Ebuka Rangels (Secretary), 4 Samba FC reps, Obimma FC rep and Coach Timothy Obiagbaoso of Awkuzu United FC.
5. Teams and their home ground so far certified: DOSAD Football Academy Enugwu-Ukwu (St Anthony's Sports Complex Enugwu-Ukwu); Rangels Football Club Achina (Ekwulobia Township Stadium); Terich Football Club Onitsha (Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium Onitsha); Awkuzu United Football Club (Oyi Local Govt Complex); Graceland Football Club Awgbu( St Patrick's Awgbu Complex); Nwaudo Football Academy Ihiala/Gboko( Primary School Sports Complex Ihiala); Awka Football Club( Awka Township Stadium); Golden Child Football Academy (Magistrate Court Sports Complex Eziowelle); Samba Football Club Amansea (St Anthony's Sports Complex Amansea); Flying Jets Football Club Uga (Uga Boys Sports Complex); Morning Star Football Club Onitsha (C K C Complex Onitsha); FC Ifeanyi Ubah Feeders ( FC Ifeanyi Ubah Stadium Nnewi/ Ihembosi Play Ground); Obimma Football Club Oyi (still being considered).
Full fixtures will be published in Fides next edition.